Casino sucks your money. How to quit gambling? Gambling is the very bad habit. Once you get hooked, it is very difficult to quit it if no external factors or good advices making you stop. Remember greed is the factor that block gamblers from quitting. If We ready want to have the ready happy and peaceful life, then we need to know the importance of quitting the gaming habits. We have to quit gambling. Remember there is too many temptation like sex, eating, sleeping, alcohol, money, power, all these simply because of our rooted illusion, comparison and attachment. If We have a dot of wisdom, then we got the hope. With the dot of superficial wisdom, then we can quit gaming. I see so many gamblers living in miserable life and I like to advise them to stop the bad habit. I hope this post " How to quit gambling can help someone who are addicted on gambling to quit to prevent more nightmares. The root of the gaming is because of greed. You want more money rely on luck. If the luck not there, you can wipe out your hard-earned money in the shortest time. You are dreaming to earn easy money but the operator is the ultimate winner because it sucks most of the gamers' money. You can not blame the operator because your mind want it. Gaming will affect your daily life and you will suffer in great pain emotionally and physically. This is the side effect for those who are addicted and lost much money.
Casino sucks your money. How to stop gambling? It can be done once you realize the bad outcome. Do you have any ideas how to quit gambling? Yes, ask those gamblers, they know very well. Let me tell you the story about Mr. Desire who is the gamer. Let's tell about this gambler story. His name is Mr. Desire.
1. Want to get rich in the shortest time : Why Mr. Desire became the gamer? It is because he wanted to have more money, he wanted to be the richest person in the shortest time. Did Mr, Desire became the richest man? No, he became the poorest man after one year of gaming.
2. Can gambler get rich instantly? Did Mr. Desire become more healthy after one year of gaming? The
answer is no, he become very moody , very sad person because he have lost all his hard=earned money. Not only that, Mr. Desire now own a lot of money to banks, friends and unable to pay insurance payment on time.
3. Great emotional suffering if money constantly lost for a period of time: Mr. Desire is now suffering.......That desire was so strong that blinded him for many months 15 months or more. The suffering finally wake him up a bit but he must be ready mindful because that habit can be came back if he forget it its danger....
4. The gambling habit can pop up again and again: Luckily, Mr. Desire can finally stop the habit, thanks for the advice from friends, wise people. We will continue to talk Mr. Desire until We have nothing to talk about him. The purpose of this post is just to remind readers do not ever to have the gaming habit. We ready no need so much money to survive....
5. Gamblers can not satisfy even he had won some because of greedy mind set: .Mr. Desire told us his experience. He said that he was so greedy that even he had strike $9000 dollars in few hours but his mind was so greedy that he wanted more. He then put the higher bets thinking the luck will continue to come, sadly to say the bad luck coming and all the $9000 dollars was completely wipe out.After that, Mr. Desire still want to win all the lost back.
6. Always thinking of winning back all lost amounts: Can Mr. Desire take back all his lost money, let's continue the story....
7. Keep on borrowing money from others and have many bad debts: Now, Mr.Desire has many worries, he is unable to pay Insurance installment on time. He is unable to pay rental fees. He is unable to pay the loan that he had borrowed from the bank. He is unable to pay back the money that he borrowed from his colleague. All these dollars are more than thousand over dollars. Mr,Desire suddenly feel panic and planned how to settle all these. The first problem was that he now has zero dollars on the bank accounts because he had lost all his salaries on gamer. The immediate problem is to have some money to top up bus fare/ Mrt card so that he still can go to work. He then asked his brother $50 and borrowed $20 dollar from his friend. With this $70 dollars, he then could drag until the next pay day.
8.More and more worries coming: Now, Mr. Desire started to receive letter from Insurance company for the unsuccessful deduction from the bank account. Mr.Desire started to receive call from loan bank that he needed to pay the monthly loan immediately, wow, the loan amount needed to pay more because of the delay. the rental fares also needed to be delayed. Now, Mr. Desire entered to the period of owing debts. Can Mr. Desire survive after that, Let's continue the story later......On 26-4-2013, Mr.Desire got his salary and he had to plan how to utilize the money. Mr.Desire first paid up the rental fees $300 and then he paid the bank loan total of $370( including the late payment charge $60 and the third loan payment $160). How about the $600 owned to his friend and Insurance payment for two consecutive month total up $940. Mr. Desire expected all these, he told his friend that he was unable to pay him in full may be pay half first. Mr.Desire gave this suggestion and his friend needed few days to consider. Wow, all these made him headache indeed. After checking the balance on the bank account, the balance was $940, just enough for the insurance payment, then how about the $600 and the daily expenses?
9. No money left as the outcome of gambling: Suddenly Mr. Desire thought that going for the gaming again might be able to solve all these payment if he ready got the luck and won. But after the deep thought, Mr. Desire gave up the idea because it was risky and how about if Mr. Desire had the bad luck and lost all the balances in the bank account? So. Mr. Desire never went for gaming eventually. Now, he drew $200 for the daily expenses because continued borrowing money from friends is not the solution. In this situation, Mr. Desire could only paid up the one insurance payment, the second payment had to delay until the next month 28-05-2013. The $600 owned to his friend had also needed to delayed further. Could Mr. Desire overcame all the burden? Let's continue the story....On 3-05-2013 morning, his friend told Mr.Desire to pay half of $600 first, the rest can pay on end of May. Mr. Desire then went to check the bank account, there is still some balance there. He drew out some money and paid to his friend $300 plus another $30 interest. So, he still need to pay him $300, insurance payment $630 plus the incoming new insurance payment $470, total insurance payment $1100. I think this month and next month also the headache for Mr. Desire. Let's continue the story until nothing to tell.
10. Emotional unstable: Because of all these, he stopped gaming and within this few weeks, Mr. Desire started to read articles with wisdom especially the Buddha teaching. Mr. Desire suddenly realize that life can be so peaceful and happy without greed. He feels ready joyful. Now, Mr. Desire is totally quit gaming and has no desires. He now is the normal man without abnormal mindset. Thanks Buddha's teaching transform him and he is now the person who never kill, steal, sex, telling truth, no alcohol. He adopt the Buddha life style and enjoy the highest form of living.Mr. Desire told me that he now enjoys the highest form of enjoyment without much money. With the small room, foods to eat, got clothing to wear, have a job, have time to watch video from Master chin kung, life is so good and happy just like Master Chin Kung. I hope everybody can live happily like Mr, Desire.
11. Illusion pop up from time to time : Now, Mr. Desire change his name , his new name is Mr. Happy. Sadly to say after few weeks, Mr. Happy became Mr. Desire again, it was because something pop up on his mind, he wanted to try the luck, it mean he was still in unawakened state. Wow, human mindset is damn difficult to control. On 21 May 2013, he drew $200 and went to gaming place, within one hour, these two hundred dollars were gone. And again he went home to take the balancing cash $70, hoping that he could slowly win some.
12. Life is miserable and affecting the whole family: The outcome was ready cruel, he lost again. Can he survive until the end of the month? Let's see....His brother Mr. Anger suspected Mr. Desire go gaming and kept on receiving the promotion letters from gaming office. On 22 May 2013, he reminded Mr. Desire not to go gaming again because it will affect the later life due to no money. Both argued loudly, Mr. Anger said to Mr.Desire : ' Are you the member of the gaming office? How come I keep on receiving the letters? I feel sad because of this." Mr. Desire said :" No, the gaming office will send letter as long as people went to the gaming place regardless whether you are member or not." Mr. Anger said :" Fucking hell, this gaming place make lots of people losing money, I don't want to see this letters coming anymore." Mr. Desire said :" You have to be cool, don't act like the angry bird, I think better we don't stay together, I wish to buy a house and move out here. Mr. Anger acted so angrily and called the police and voiced out his anger about 'GAMING ACTIVITIES ". Wow, the family is now became not peaceful because if all these. Can Mr. Desire quit the gaming finally? Let's continue the story. Suddenly Mr. Desire decided not to go gaming so as not to make the situation worse and he called the gaming club to stop sending promotion materials. Because of not going there anymore, he now has enough money to pay the outstanding bills and by 7 June 2013, he had cleared all outstanding bills no more delayed payment. Mr. Desire is now heading to the right path and the painful experiences indeed gave him the useful lesson. Mr, Desire now is totally quit gaming and he is now feel ready peaceful. Can Mr. Desire maintain this, let's watch closely......
After one month of peace, one day his illusion came out again and went to the gaming house and lost $400 within 4 hours, that mean the desire was still there, can Mr, Desire overcame all these, let's watch closely. Can his life always in agony again and again? Again he stopped gaming but the gaming desires still pop up few times and this time he lost the money from the insurance policy, the accumulated profit of $5400 just being wiped up completely. Wow , it shown that human beings want to stop the temptation is so difficult. Hopefully Mr. Desire can overcome all these struggle. Can he?
Mr. Desire still want to win back all he have lost and he now draw out all the balances in the bank account and the outcome still the same. Now the amount in his bank account left 2 dollars. Again he borrowed $300 from his friend and again lost all. You might be wondering how come Mr. Desire is so weak...Can he wake up this time? The pay day finally came, he withdrew all money for gaming thinking the luck could finally came but he only encountered bad luck, this time, he not only lost all the money and struck in the casino because he had exceeded the time limit and he needed to pay $100. Mr. Desire no choice but to called his brother for help. This time the brother controlled the temple and came down to give him $100 so that he could leave Casino. How about his daily life after that after Mr. Desire had zero dollars? Let's see how he cope with the new situation. Let's see this stupid gamer the next agony.
13. Need long time to realise and quit: Can he wake up again? I think the example of Mr. Desire telling us once we get hooked on gambling, we will live in miserable life for a long time. I will tell you more about Mr. Desire and hopefully he can quit gambling eventually. Thanks readers reading this post " How to quit gambling? "
14. Repeat the same bad habit: After sometimes, the gambling desire still pop up and Mr. Desire lost another 450 dollars. Again, he had to borrow from his sister and brother.
15. Telling lies: In order to borrow money from his brother. Mr. desire lied to his brither that his ATM card lost. Let's see whether Mr. Desire doomed or not.
Casino sucks your money.
Yesterday Tony Tan told me something. He said:" Luckily I still never throw my temper towards Mr. Rock. Thinking back, this is the golden opportunity to advance myself towards self-awareness.. Having awareness, I know my weakness and then I can improve it. The important is to live happily facing any type of situation whether good and bad. For this, reading more about Buddha's teaching enable me to handle daily challenge. Thanks Buddha. "
Let's contine his story in the next post.
Tony Tan who is security officer told me:
' I am the security officer, currently I am on night shift duty everyday. Now I have to deal with my colleague Mr. rock, this the the security officer difficult to deal with. I have to keep cool so that I still can continue working. If I am angry at anytime dealing with him, I think I have to quit the job. Why I say this because Mr. Hard rock too busy body, too hi per active......He is the person who like to find fault. Working with this type of person, I have to be cautious at all time. Chinese say : ' small man. "
He is the person who can easily pull you in and having lots of troubles. He is too Kay PO.......working with this type of person is sickening. One day, I felt frustration and just thinking of not going to work, I applied urgent leave because I could not tar Han that day........"
But anyway, I have to carry on and be patient because life is something like that lol. "
What activities Tony did mostly immoral activities. How to solve his problems?
Firstly, do not see too much immoral things especially from Internet.
Secondly, do more good deeds to avoid doing bad things, am I right?
Let me continue the security officer's story. I was pondering why Tony wrote in Chinese instead of English.
I think the words came from his sub-conscious mind. What activities he did so far for this year? After having some interview with Tony, the security office who is permanently working on night shift. He was addicted on immoral sex frequently. He felt guilty for doing that because he also want to be the good man at the same time.
How can the man to be good if he frequently thinking of having sex with many women. Having addicted on that, he lost his energises too much and that's why he also feel tired.
Alas, addiction on any things are no good indeed, am I right?
Let me continue the security officer's story in my next post.
Mr. Tony is the security officer. He told me the story yesterday as follow:
" Alas, Yesterday I was doing night shift security duty, i felt so tired and I half- sleep at security counter. I had one partner at night. I needed to write occurrence book during the night work. I needed to write the occurrence in English. At about 2.30 am, I was about to go for my patrol so I just wrote few words on the occurrence book saying that I was going for patrol. At about 3am, I finished my patrol and about to wrote some words on the occurrence book that I had finished my patrol. To my surprise, I saw few Chinese words on the occurrence book. This was my hand writing, I wondered how come Chinese words there. The Chinese words are something like that " Get rid of this year"s activities.
I think I might be dreaming while I was writing my occurrence book before I go for my patrol. It supposed to be written in English. I did not know why I wrote it in Chinese........" ?
Mr. Tony asked me how come this can happen? I told him: " Let me find out first. "
This is the story for today, I will continue it in my next post.
Xie Shaoguang is now the monk. I am very happy to know that he is entering to the gate of enlightenment. Time is running very fast, he left the showbiz at about 43 years old, now Xie Shaoguang is 51 years old Xie Shaogaung indeed the awaken hero. It is the luck for him to learn Buddha teaching and let go all worldly worries and desires. Of course, Xie Shaoguang will feel joyful internally. Xie Shaoguang had been learning Buddha teachings for many years especially Xie Shaoguang left Mediacorp 8 years ago. From the ways Xie Shaoguang did, we know that he was ready understand the essence of Buddha teachings. He does his best to take care animals like stray dogs and cats, injured animals like deer, etc. Buddha told us not to hurt any animals, kindness to all not just human beings. Xie Shaoguang is the low profile person, I had seen him acting in year 1991 when I was the acting extras. He was very friendly and quite person then. On 16th September 2013, Xie Shaoguang was ordained at the Golden Citizen Welfare organization which is situated at Pontian, Johor, two hundred people attended this blissful event. Xie Shaoguang is now called Shao Guang Shi Xion.
According to Mypaper quotes : "...Le Shan Shi Xiong said in Mandarin: "I've known Xie for over a year now. He is a quiet person and doesn't talk much. We usually talk about Buddhist studies.
"We don't talk about his past in show business, he has already let go of that."
That claim was further substantiated when reporters approached Xie for comments in person in Malaysia but only to be politely declined.
Xie said in Mandarin in response to the comments: "You know I do not interact with the media all along, so I am unable to help you in any way. Sorry about it."
Ilo Ilo director Anthony Chen was also given a similar treatment initially when he approached Xie to star in his award-winning movie -- the former actor didn't show up after Chen waited three hours to meet him in Malaysia.
However, he managed to move Xie thanks to a note and a DVD of his previous works and the latter made contact a few days later.
Speaking to Lianhe Wanbao, Chen recounted his meting with Xie: "The Xie Shaoguang whom I saw seemed to have entered another realm altogether. He has seen the entire entertainment industry and does not miss it. He'll never look back." "Let's see the recent news before he become the monk. Xie Shaoguang was the skilful actor in Mediacorp channel 8 drama series. During the years in Mediacorp, he was a low profile actor but showed passion in acting. Because of his extremely skilful acts, he was awarded many titles like five best actor awards, two best supporting actor award.
In his heyday, Xie bagged an impressive 19 awards over a 16-year career, which included five Best Actor and two Best Supporting Actor wins at the annual Star Awards.
He is also the only actor in local showbiz history to snag the Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor awards in the same year in 1996, for the Last Rhythm and Golden Pillow respectively.After quitting the acting scene, he runs a pet shelter and a vegetarian food court Three O Cafe. What he’s up to now: After hanging up his thespian spurs in 2005, Xie Shaoguang moved to a small town in JB called Permas Jaya. There, a vegetarian eatery where he’s also the chef. We hear he lives in a temple in the area. Contrary to popular belief, he hasn’t become a monk; instead, he devotes his time to studying Buddhism. Xie Shaoguang finally has the meaningful life. Great congratulation to Xie Shaoguang the awaken hero. Well done Xie Shoaguang. From his passion and focus, Xie Shaoguang will brighten many human beings especially those who are still struggling for the worldly desires and those are lost in the direction. I hope one day Xie Shaogyang can share with us the essence of Buddha teaching. Namoamituofo to all readers, May Buddha bless you forever happy and free from illusion, discrimination and attachment.
My friend told me is it because he was facing something bad that trigger Xie Shaoguang to be the monk. I told him that become monk is the great deed that very few people know. Why? Because the monk is the spiritual hero. Many people just come and go and never ready " understand " what life is.
Today I feel very relaxed because I have zero worries for this moment but can it be maintained.
The type of relaxation is so nice. This is freedom within unlike those excitement come from bodily excitement.
Perhaps we have to experience this type of " freedom within ". This is the pity things in life to not experience the emptiness.
Many human beings just know how to fuck, eat. The whole life is just doing some action ob the bed. Again and again and addicted on it as if the whole life just doing that type of acts. How can they know the feeling of emptiness? How can they have wisdom?
This article is for myself to read and as the reminder for me.
On 01 June 2011, this is the public holiday called Vesak day for Singapore.
Singapore is the rare country that our people can live harmoniously despite different backgrounds, religious beliefs. We treat all races fairly. We all love peace and do not like to use violence, that's the very excellent example for other countries to learn. Let's see how Muslim MP attended the Vesak day's celebration 2011 in Singapore. Mr. Zaqy Mohamad, Singapore MP , says Singapore has come a long way in embracing religious diversity.
He was speaking at an inter-faith Vesak Day celebration organised by the Buddhist Fellowship on Tuesday.
He said it bodes well for Singapore that a Malay-Muslim MP such as himself has been invited to officiate at the event.
Mr Zaqy said Singaporeans have become more respectful of religious observances of others and asking someone about his or her dietary restrictions before planning a meal together has become a common practice.
He added that it is important for young Singaporeans to take on the work of sustaining inter-faith dialogue and felt this has to be done through more face-to-face meetings rather than online. He said younger MPs will start to gain profile and acceptance soon and added that he hopes to see more of them coming forward.
Yes, we need to see all people living happily in Singapore.
The Buddhists around the whole world will celebrate it.
In Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Cambodia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and India
Vesak is an annual public holiday observed traditionally by practicing Buddhists in South Asian and South East Asian countries like Nepal, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Indonesia, Pakistan and India. Sometimes informally called “Buddha’s birthday,” it actually encompasses the birth, enlightenment Nirvana, and passing (Parinirvana) of Gautama Buddha.
Looking at the situation in this present world, this is ready horrible. Human beings still doing all kind of cruel things like killing people, war etc.
What we can learn from Buddha?
The non-violence ways of living. We all need to get rid of greed, hatred and stupidity. In this present world, we see people of different faiths kill each others, where is the kindness?
We see human beings besides killing animals also kill human beings, how cruel human beings?
No wonder human beings keep on sufferings because of their cruel mindset.
In simple words, we need to have totally non-cruel mindset towards human beings as well as animals. The point is no cruel elements in our hearts. We need to reduce our cruel elements to zero if we ready want to live in real peace.
Time to purify our thoughts. Life is just the dream and we need to have the good dream. Please do not accumulate bad karma always.
We need peaceful mind by adopting Buddha's mindset, we all will be blessed regardless what you believe.
Let's learn more about Vesak day and have the happy mindset.
I have been working night shift for about 7 years. Wow, I found that my body is very tight, I think I have to do something, if not the life might be shorter.
Now, I am thinking why my body is so tight now,
Firstly Body never has sufficient rest. The resting time is after work after 10am, the body never go for the normal process of clearing toxins.
Secondly less exercises and drink too much coffee.
Thirdly too many Internet activities.
Master Chin Kung keep on reminding us the Buddhists to have sincerity, purity, equality, wisdom, kindness, understanding the universe , let go all illusion, freedom within, accord with the surrounding with peaceful mind, mindful of Amituofo.
Buddha told us the reality of the universe and told us that there are many ways to get enlightenment or to the state of Nirvana. When we reach the state of Nirvana, we will not reborn in the realm like human realm, hell, animal realm, ghost realm or heaven. Born in the above-mentioned realms are not perfect because this is reincarnation realms. What Buddhists want are to attain Nirvana -the state of no-born, no die.
Through Buddha's teaching, We know the reasons not to kill, steal, sex, lie, alcohol etc etc.
In order to go to the pure land-Amituofo land, it is easy if we ready follow the teaching.
1. Do all the good deeds, not killing, stealing, sex, lie. alcohol and every deed must be mindful.
2. No greed, hatred.....
And recite Namoamituofo sincerely then we can die awake and Amituofo will bring us to the pure land.
It was the sad moment when I heard that Mr. Lee Kuan Yew passed away on 23th March 2015. On wednesday I left for Parliament house to give respect for Mr. Lee. After that, I went to Jurong east library to surf Internet. At about 9PM, I went to nearby station for remember Mr. Lee Kuan Yew, I shared hand with deputy Prime Minister Tharman and a Junior Minister Mr. desmond Lee. They both thanks me.
Today, I suddenly feel that I need to delete the posts that I had written earlier because all these posts are not that good for the mental health for me and others. I gradually delete it and hopefully I can delete all the posts can are no good for me and others.
We happen to born in this world at this time. We are born with six senses, some lacking one or two or more senses.
We can feel the pain, we have emotion because we are " feeling beings". How about other feeling beings like cats, dogs or other one.
Yes, higher feeling beings can take care some other feeling beings like cats. But many many feeling beings are being killed , tortured, eaten by higher feeling beings-human. The destinies of feeling beings are different but all have feelings.
If we care their feeling, then our feeling will be taken care of. If we do not care for their feelings then we will face the same fates as them.
In this lunar new year, as the high feeling being, I wish all lowest class feeling beings can be taken care of, at least they can live without being killed, eaten but many of them will have to pay their prices either being killed or eaten. We can not help and only can wish them move to the higher feeling beings and finally back to the original state=the state that all beings are free from agonies.
I now say again:" Happy new year to all souls." Yes, all souls are equal, we are lucky that we are human beings. Because we are human beings, we have the choice to care for those lowest feeling beings like all type of animals....
Thanks, Buddha had taught us the peaceful ways, the truly compassionate ways, selfless ways. I know by following these ways, I will be ready be saved. Action tell thousands words.
Time to clear all unnecessary desires, do the right job, follow the eight path recommended by Buddha.
|时间:2014-05-13 21:41 来源: 作者:忘却桃源 点击:423次|
二零一四淨土大經科註 （第三十七集） 2014/4/24 香港佛陀教育協會 檔名：02-041-0037