Friday, May 13, 2016
Monday, May 9, 2016
My English is ready poor, I think I have to learn bit by bit so that my English wouldn't become rusty. Since there are a lot of report about Bukit batok by election. Why not I learn some English from the speeches or text from Mr. Chee soon juan.
Let me go to Mr. Chee soon juan's face book and learn some English from his recent words. I think this is very exciting learning English in such a manner.
Chee soon juan said on his face book as below:
"I spent a quiet day with my family after the thank-you parade yesterday morning. After a difficult evening the night before, having them next to me was all I wanted.
Saturday, May 7, 2016
Looking back, I realize that I need to do something to straighten my thought. Everyday I have bad and good thoughts, now is the time to realize the importance of having good thoughts or even pure thoughts. To have the genuine joy is the top perority in life.
Friday, May 6, 2016
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Mr. Chee said : 现在我的孩子长大了，他们开始了解报纸和电视上是怎么样评论他的父亲。我想告诉他们这一点。
安琳,宜琳和修和，当你在家里观看这群众大会的同步直播时,我想告诉你我们,作为一个父亲, 我想教导你们人生中很多的事情。但是，我可以传授给你们的一项最重要的教训就是,我们不可以靠着毁了别人,来让自己成功 。我们不可以用贱踏别人的梦想,来履行我们的美梦。我们不要嘲笑别人,就只因为他们跟我们有所不同。
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Heart ping gas and the pain of the heart.
A young boy, have a bad temper, so his father just give him a bag of nails and told him:
" whenever you lose your temper, you'll nail a nail in the back of the court on the fence!"
The first day this boy nails down a total of thirty-seven nail, slowly every day under the nail of the decline in the number, he found that he can control their own temper, than under those nails nail came easier. Finally, one day, this boy will never lose their patience has learnt to temper, he will be glad to tell his father, father hear after told him:
" from now on, whenever you can control their own temper, when it was pulled out a nail!".
A little bit every day in the past, the last boy told his father, he finally put all the nails all pull it out. The Father held his hand to the backyard said:
" you're doing good, that's my baby! But, look at those on the fence nail pull out of the hole left behind after, these fence will always can't reply to sing once upon a time piece of stakes. When you're angry said angry things, just like these nails, like, in someone else's heart has left her with scars! Like you take a knife stab stab someone, no matter how many times you say I'm sorry, the wound will always exist."
Note: between people, often because some can't let go of each other's insistence that caused hurt forever. If we can all from themselves, begin to see the tolerance
To be others, believe that you must have received many unexpected outcome; help someone else to open a window, that is, to allow ourselves to see the more complete the sky.
Especially when people get mad, often can't tell you what a good word. Therefore, in order to avoid build hau industry, and even said the wrong thing and the usual trouble, it should be in a fix
A Multi-put in effort, provided below us a little bit big de experience, let everyone do reference:
(1) angry, take a deep breath before the third, speak again. (people in general are applicable)
(2) when she becomes angry, xiannian amitabha third, speak again. (Buddhism are the most applicable)
(3) angry at the front, two methods, if an appointment after the void, the re-take a deep breath, and then again Buddha ten times, after talking, to ensure the effective.
Why this fù zá de please you big de attention? Because the words of the pain, just like the real wound, like, is unbearable. As the saying goes :" Words to leave a third of the population " so angry but also cautious when words and actions!
Thursday, October 22, 2015
Friday, October 16, 2015
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Thursday, October 1, 2015
Casino sucks your money. How to quit gambling? Gambling is the very bad habit. Once you get hooked, it is very difficult to quit it if no external factors or good advices making you stop. Remember greed is the factor that block gamblers from quitting. If We ready want to have the ready happy and peaceful life, then we need to know the importance of quitting the gaming habits. We have to quit gambling. Remember there is too many temptation like sex, eating, sleeping, alcohol, money, power, all these simply because of our rooted illusion, comparison and attachment. If We have a dot of wisdom, then we got the hope. With the dot of superficial wisdom, then we can quit gaming. I see so many gamblers living in miserable life and I like to advise them to stop the bad habit. I hope this post " How to quit gambling can help someone who are addicted on gambling to quit to prevent more nightmares. The root of the gaming is because of greed. You want more money rely on luck. If the luck not there, you can wipe out your hard-earned money in the shortest time. You are dreaming to earn easy money but the operator is the ultimate winner because it sucks most of the gamers' money. You can not blame the operator because your mind want it. Gaming will affect your daily life and you will suffer in great pain emotionally and physically. This is the side effect for those who are addicted and lost much money.
Casino sucks your money. How to stop gambling? It can be done once you realize the bad outcome. Do you have any ideas how to quit gambling? Yes, ask those gamblers, they know very well. Let me tell you the story about Mr. Desire who is the gamer. Let's tell about this gambler story. His name is Mr. Desire.
1. Want to get rich in the shortest time : Why Mr. Desire became the gamer? It is because he wanted to have more money, he wanted to be the richest person in the shortest time. Did Mr, Desire became the richest man? No, he became the poorest man after one year of gaming.
2. Can gambler get rich instantly? Did Mr. Desire become more healthy after one year of gaming? The
answer is no, he become very moody , very sad person because he have lost all his hard=earned money. Not only that, Mr. Desire now own a lot of money to banks, friends and unable to pay insurance payment on time.
3. Great emotional suffering if money constantly lost for a period of time: Mr. Desire is now suffering.......That desire was so strong that blinded him for many months 15 months or more. The suffering finally wake him up a bit but he must be ready mindful because that habit can be came back if he forget it its danger....
4. The gambling habit can pop up again and again: Luckily, Mr. Desire can finally stop the habit, thanks for the advice from friends, wise people. We will continue to talk Mr. Desire until We have nothing to talk about him. The purpose of this post is just to remind readers do not ever to have the gaming habit. We ready no need so much money to survive....
5. Gamblers can not satisfy even he had won some because of greedy mind set: .Mr. Desire told us his experience. He said that he was so greedy that even he had strike $9000 dollars in few hours but his mind was so greedy that he wanted more. He then put the higher bets thinking the luck will continue to come, sadly to say the bad luck coming and all the $9000 dollars was completely wipe out.After that, Mr. Desire still want to win all the lost back.
6. Always thinking of winning back all lost amounts: Can Mr. Desire take back all his lost money, let's continue the story....
7. Keep on borrowing money from others and have many bad debts: Now, Mr.Desire has many worries, he is unable to pay Insurance installment on time. He is unable to pay rental fees. He is unable to pay the loan that he had borrowed from the bank. He is unable to pay back the money that he borrowed from his colleague. All these dollars are more than thousand over dollars. Mr,Desire suddenly feel panic and planned how to settle all these. The first problem was that he now has zero dollars on the bank accounts because he had lost all his salaries on gamer. The immediate problem is to have some money to top up bus fare/ Mrt card so that he still can go to work. He then asked his brother $50 and borrowed $20 dollar from his friend. With this $70 dollars, he then could drag until the next pay day.
8.More and more worries coming: Now, Mr. Desire started to receive letter from Insurance company for the unsuccessful deduction from the bank account. Mr.Desire started to receive call from loan bank that he needed to pay the monthly loan immediately, wow, the loan amount needed to pay more because of the delay. the rental fares also needed to be delayed. Now, Mr. Desire entered to the period of owing debts. Can Mr. Desire survive after that, Let's continue the story later......On 26-4-2013, Mr.Desire got his salary and he had to plan how to utilize the money. Mr.Desire first paid up the rental fees $300 and then he paid the bank loan total of $370( including the late payment charge $60 and the third loan payment $160). How about the $600 owned to his friend and Insurance payment for two consecutive month total up $940. Mr. Desire expected all these, he told his friend that he was unable to pay him in full may be pay half first. Mr.Desire gave this suggestion and his friend needed few days to consider. Wow, all these made him headache indeed. After checking the balance on the bank account, the balance was $940, just enough for the insurance payment, then how about the $600 and the daily expenses?
9. No money left as the outcome of gambling: Suddenly Mr. Desire thought that going for the gaming again might be able to solve all these payment if he ready got the luck and won. But after the deep thought, Mr. Desire gave up the idea because it was risky and how about if Mr. Desire had the bad luck and lost all the balances in the bank account? So. Mr. Desire never went for gaming eventually. Now, he drew $200 for the daily expenses because continued borrowing money from friends is not the solution. In this situation, Mr. Desire could only paid up the one insurance payment, the second payment had to delay until the next month 28-05-2013. The $600 owned to his friend had also needed to delayed further. Could Mr. Desire overcame all the burden? Let's continue the story....On 3-05-2013 morning, his friend told Mr.Desire to pay half of $600 first, the rest can pay on end of May. Mr. Desire then went to check the bank account, there is still some balance there. He drew out some money and paid to his friend $300 plus another $30 interest. So, he still need to pay him $300, insurance payment $630 plus the incoming new insurance payment $470, total insurance payment $1100. I think this month and next month also the headache for Mr. Desire. Let's continue the story until nothing to tell.
10. Emotional unstable: Because of all these, he stopped gaming and within this few weeks, Mr. Desire started to read articles with wisdom especially the Buddha teaching. Mr. Desire suddenly realize that life can be so peaceful and happy without greed. He feels ready joyful. Now, Mr. Desire is totally quit gaming and has no desires. He now is the normal man without abnormal mindset. Thanks Buddha's teaching transform him and he is now the person who never kill, steal, sex, telling truth, no alcohol. He adopt the Buddha life style and enjoy the highest form of living.Mr. Desire told me that he now enjoys the highest form of enjoyment without much money. With the small room, foods to eat, got clothing to wear, have a job, have time to watch video from Master chin kung, life is so good and happy just like Master Chin Kung. I hope everybody can live happily like Mr, Desire.
11. Illusion pop up from time to time : Now, Mr. Desire change his name , his new name is Mr. Happy. Sadly to say after few weeks, Mr. Happy became Mr. Desire again, it was because something pop up on his mind, he wanted to try the luck, it mean he was still in unawakened state. Wow, human mindset is damn difficult to control. On 21 May 2013, he drew $200 and went to gaming place, within one hour, these two hundred dollars were gone. And again he went home to take the balancing cash $70, hoping that he could slowly win some.
12. Life is miserable and affecting the whole family: The outcome was ready cruel, he lost again. Can he survive until the end of the month? Let's see....His brother Mr. Anger suspected Mr. Desire go gaming and kept on receiving the promotion letters from gaming office. On 22 May 2013, he reminded Mr. Desire not to go gaming again because it will affect the later life due to no money. Both argued loudly, Mr. Anger said to Mr.Desire : ' Are you the member of the gaming office? How come I keep on receiving the letters? I feel sad because of this." Mr. Desire said :" No, the gaming office will send letter as long as people went to the gaming place regardless whether you are member or not." Mr. Anger said :" Fucking hell, this gaming place make lots of people losing money, I don't want to see this letters coming anymore." Mr. Desire said :" You have to be cool, don't act like the angry bird, I think better we don't stay together, I wish to buy a house and move out here. Mr. Anger acted so angrily and called the police and voiced out his anger about 'GAMING ACTIVITIES ". Wow, the family is now became not peaceful because if all these. Can Mr. Desire quit the gaming finally? Let's continue the story. Suddenly Mr. Desire decided not to go gaming so as not to make the situation worse and he called the gaming club to stop sending promotion materials. Because of not going there anymore, he now has enough money to pay the outstanding bills and by 7 June 2013, he had cleared all outstanding bills no more delayed payment. Mr. Desire is now heading to the right path and the painful experiences indeed gave him the useful lesson. Mr, Desire now is totally quit gaming and he is now feel ready peaceful. Can Mr. Desire maintain this, let's watch closely......
After one month of peace, one day his illusion came out again and went to the gaming house and lost $400 within 4 hours, that mean the desire was still there, can Mr, Desire overcame all these, let's watch closely. Can his life always in agony again and again? Again he stopped gaming but the gaming desires still pop up few times and this time he lost the money from the insurance policy, the accumulated profit of $5400 just being wiped up completely. Wow , it shown that human beings want to stop the temptation is so difficult. Hopefully Mr. Desire can overcome all these struggle. Can he?
Mr. Desire still want to win back all he have lost and he now draw out all the balances in the bank account and the outcome still the same. Now the amount in his bank account left 2 dollars. Again he borrowed $300 from his friend and again lost all. You might be wondering how come Mr. Desire is so weak...Can he wake up this time? The pay day finally came, he withdrew all money for gaming thinking the luck could finally came but he only encountered bad luck, this time, he not only lost all the money and struck in the casino because he had exceeded the time limit and he needed to pay $100. Mr. Desire no choice but to called his brother for help. This time the brother controlled the temple and came down to give him $100 so that he could leave Casino. How about his daily life after that after Mr. Desire had zero dollars? Let's see how he cope with the new situation. Let's see this stupid gamer the next agony.
13. Need long time to realise and quit: Can he wake up again? I think the example of Mr. Desire telling us once we get hooked on gambling, we will live in miserable life for a long time. I will tell you more about Mr. Desire and hopefully he can quit gambling eventually. Thanks readers reading this post " How to quit gambling? "
14. Repeat the same bad habit: After sometimes, the gambling desire still pop up and Mr. Desire lost another 450 dollars. Again, he had to borrow from his sister and brother.
15. Telling lies: In order to borrow money from his brother. Mr. desire lied to his brither that his ATM card lost. Let's see whether Mr. Desire doomed or not.
Casino sucks your money.
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Yesterday Tony Tan told me something. He said:" Luckily I still never throw my temper towards Mr. Rock. Thinking back, this is the golden opportunity to advance myself towards self-awareness.. Having awareness, I know my weakness and then I can improve it. The important is to live happily facing any type of situation whether good and bad. For this, reading more about Buddha's teaching enable me to handle daily challenge. Thanks Buddha. "
Let's contine his story in the next post.
Monday, June 29, 2015
Tony Tan who is security officer told me:
' I am the security officer, currently I am on night shift duty everyday. Now I have to deal with my colleague Mr. rock, this the the security officer difficult to deal with. I have to keep cool so that I still can continue working. If I am angry at anytime dealing with him, I think I have to quit the job. Why I say this because Mr. Hard rock too busy body, too hi per active......He is the person who like to find fault. Working with this type of person, I have to be cautious at all time. Chinese say : ' small man. "
He is the person who can easily pull you in and having lots of troubles. He is too Kay PO.......working with this type of person is sickening. One day, I felt frustration and just thinking of not going to work, I applied urgent leave because I could not tar Han that day........"
But anyway, I have to carry on and be patient because life is something like that lol. "
Monday, June 8, 2015
What activities Tony did mostly immoral activities. How to solve his problems?
Firstly, do not see too much immoral things especially from Internet.
Secondly, do more good deeds to avoid doing bad things, am I right?
Saturday, June 6, 2015
Let me continue the security officer's story. I was pondering why Tony wrote in Chinese instead of English.
I think the words came from his sub-conscious mind. What activities he did so far for this year? After having some interview with Tony, the security office who is permanently working on night shift. He was addicted on immoral sex frequently. He felt guilty for doing that because he also want to be the good man at the same time.
How can the man to be good if he frequently thinking of having sex with many women. Having addicted on that, he lost his energises too much and that's why he also feel tired.
Alas, addiction on any things are no good indeed, am I right?
Let me continue the security officer's story in my next post.
Friday, May 29, 2015
Xie Shaoguang is now the monk. I am very happy to know that he is entering to the gate of enlightenment. Time is running very fast, he left the showbiz at about 43 years old, now Xie Shaoguang is 51 years old Xie Shaogaung indeed the awaken hero. It is the luck for him to learn Buddha teaching and let go all worldly worries and desires. Of course, Xie Shaoguang will feel joyful internally. Xie Shaoguang had been learning Buddha teachings for many years especially Xie Shaoguang left Mediacorp 8 years ago. From the ways Xie Shaoguang did, we know that he was ready understand the essence of Buddha teachings. He does his best to take care animals like stray dogs and cats, injured animals like deer, etc. Buddha told us not to hurt any animals, kindness to all not just human beings. Xie Shaoguang is the low profile person, I had seen him acting in year 1991 when I was the acting extras. He was very friendly and quite person then. On 16th September 2013, Xie Shaoguang was ordained at the Golden Citizen Welfare organization which is situated at Pontian, Johor, two hundred people attended this blissful event. Xie Shaoguang is now called Shao Guang Shi Xion.
According to Mypaper quotes : "...Le Shan Shi Xiong said in Mandarin: "I've known Xie for over a year now. He is a quiet person and doesn't talk much. We usually talk about Buddhist studies.
"We don't talk about his past in show business, he has already let go of that."
That claim was further substantiated when reporters approached Xie for comments in person in Malaysia but only to be politely declined.
Xie said in Mandarin in response to the comments: "You know I do not interact with the media all along, so I am unable to help you in any way. Sorry about it."
Ilo Ilo director Anthony Chen was also given a similar treatment initially when he approached Xie to star in his award-winning movie -- the former actor didn't show up after Chen waited three hours to meet him in Malaysia.
However, he managed to move Xie thanks to a note and a DVD of his previous works and the latter made contact a few days later.
Speaking to Lianhe Wanbao, Chen recounted his meting with Xie: "The Xie Shaoguang whom I saw seemed to have entered another realm altogether. He has seen the entire entertainment industry and does not miss it. He'll never look back." "Let's see the recent news before he become the monk. Xie Shaoguang was the skilful actor in Mediacorp channel 8 drama series. During the years in Mediacorp, he was a low profile actor but showed passion in acting. Because of his extremely skilful acts, he was awarded many titles like five best actor awards, two best supporting actor award.
In his heyday, Xie bagged an impressive 19 awards over a 16-year career, which included five Best Actor and two Best Supporting Actor wins at the annual Star Awards.
He is also the only actor in local showbiz history to snag the Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor awards in the same year in 1996, for the Last Rhythm and Golden Pillow respectively.After quitting the acting scene, he runs a pet shelter and a vegetarian food court Three O Cafe. What he’s up to now: After hanging up his thespian spurs in 2005, Xie Shaoguang moved to a small town in JB called Permas Jaya. There, a vegetarian eatery where he’s also the chef. We hear he lives in a temple in the area. Contrary to popular belief, he hasn’t become a monk; instead, he devotes his time to studying Buddhism. Xie Shaoguang finally has the meaningful life. Great congratulation to Xie Shaoguang the awaken hero. Well done Xie Shoaguang. From his passion and focus, Xie Shaoguang will brighten many human beings especially those who are still struggling for the worldly desires and those are lost in the direction. I hope one day Xie Shaogyang can share with us the essence of Buddha teaching. Namoamituofo to all readers, May Buddha bless you forever happy and free from illusion, discrimination and attachment.
My friend told me is it because he was facing something bad that trigger Xie Shaoguang to be the monk. I told him that become monk is the great deed that very few people know. Why? Because the monk is the spiritual hero. Many people just come and go and never ready " understand " what life is.
Wednesday, May 27, 2015
Today I feel very relaxed because I have zero worries for this moment but can it be maintained.
The type of relaxation is so nice. This is freedom within unlike those excitement come from bodily excitement.
Perhaps we have to experience this type of " freedom within ". This is the pity things in life to not experience the emptiness.
Many human beings just know how to fuck, eat. The whole life is just doing some action ob the bed. Again and again and addicted on it as if the whole life just doing that type of acts. How can they know the feeling of emptiness? How can they have wisdom?
This article is for myself to read and as the reminder for me.
On 01 June 2011, this is the public holiday called Vesak day for Singapore.
Singapore is the rare country that our people can live harmoniously despite different backgrounds, religious beliefs. We treat all races fairly. We all love peace and do not like to use violence, that's the very excellent example for other countries to learn. Let's see how Muslim MP attended the Vesak day's celebration 2011 in Singapore. Mr. Zaqy Mohamad, Singapore MP , says Singapore has come a long way in embracing religious diversity.
He was speaking at an inter-faith Vesak Day celebration organised by the Buddhist Fellowship on Tuesday.
He said it bodes well for Singapore that a Malay-Muslim MP such as himself has been invited to officiate at the event.
Mr Zaqy said Singaporeans have become more respectful of religious observances of others and asking someone about his or her dietary restrictions before planning a meal together has become a common practice.
He added that it is important for young Singaporeans to take on the work of sustaining inter-faith dialogue and felt this has to be done through more face-to-face meetings rather than online. He said younger MPs will start to gain profile and acceptance soon and added that he hopes to see more of them coming forward.
Yes, we need to see all people living happily in Singapore.
The Buddhists around the whole world will celebrate it.
In Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Cambodia, Taiwan, Vietnam, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and India
Vesak is an annual public holiday observed traditionally by practicing Buddhists in South Asian and South East Asian countries like Nepal, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Indonesia, Pakistan and India. Sometimes informally called “Buddha’s birthday,” it actually encompasses the birth, enlightenment Nirvana, and passing (Parinirvana) of Gautama Buddha.
Looking at the situation in this present world, this is ready horrible. Human beings still doing all kind of cruel things like killing people, war etc.
What we can learn from Buddha?
The non-violence ways of living. We all need to get rid of greed, hatred and stupidity. In this present world, we see people of different faiths kill each others, where is the kindness?
We see human beings besides killing animals also kill human beings, how cruel human beings?
No wonder human beings keep on sufferings because of their cruel mindset.
In simple words, we need to have totally non-cruel mindset towards human beings as well as animals. The point is no cruel elements in our hearts. We need to reduce our cruel elements to zero if we ready want to live in real peace.
Time to purify our thoughts. Life is just the dream and we need to have the good dream. Please do not accumulate bad karma always.
We need peaceful mind by adopting Buddha's mindset, we all will be blessed regardless what you believe.
Let's learn more about Vesak day and have the happy mindset.
When Is Vesak 2011 / Wesak 2011?Vesak Day 2011
When is Vesak 2011? Vesak 2011 falls on Tuesday, 17 May 2011, which is the 15th day in the 4th month of Chinese lunar calendar. However, some countries observes the Vesak Day 2011 on different dates.
Vesak Day 2012
When is Vesak 2012? Vesak 2012 falls on Saturday, 5 May 2012, which is the 15th day in the 4th month of Chinese lunar calendar. However, some countries observes the Vesak Day 2012 on different dates.
Date Of Vesak Day
Vesak 2011 is celebrated by Buddhist around the world, and in different manners all over the world. Though some countries occasionally use different date for this festival, many would fall on the same day.
The exact date of Vesak Day varies according to the various lunar calendars used in different countries and traditions. In Theravada countries following the Buddhist calendar, it falls on the full moon Uposatha day (typically the 5th or 6th lunar month). Vesak Day in China, Hong Kong and Macau is on the eighth of the fourth month in the Chinese lunar calendar.
Thus the date varies from year to year, but as general consensus in many countries, falls on the full-month day in May.
The decision to agree to celebrate the Vesak as the Buddha’s birthday was formalized at the first Conference of the World Fellowship of Buddhists held in Sri Lanka in 1950, although festivals at this time in the Buddhist world are a centuries-old tradition. The Resolution that was adopted at the World Conference reads as follows:
“That this Conference of the World Fellowship of Buddhists, while recording its appreciation of the gracious act of His Majesty, the Maharaja of Nepal in making the full-moon day of Vesak a Public Holiday in Nepal, earnestly requests the Heads of Governments of all countries in which large or small number of Buddhists are to be found, to take steps to make the full-moon day in the month of May a Public Holiday in honour of the Buddha, who is universally acclaimed as one of the greatest benefactors of Humanity.”
Vesak Day Around The WorldVesak Day is often referred to with other names in each country. Official names of Vesak Day are Vesākha, Vesak, Wesak, Waisak, Visakah Puja, Vaishaka, Buddha Purnima, Visakha Bucha, Saga Dawa, 佛誕 (fó dàn), Phật Đản, and วิสาขบูชา
In Mahayana Buddhist traditions, the holiday is known by its Sanskrit name, वैशाख Vaiśākha, and derived variants of it. Vesākha is known as Vesak or Wesak (衛塞節) in the Sinhalese language.
It is also known as:
* बुद्ध पुर्णिमा/বুদ্ধ পূর্ণিমা Buddha Purnima or बुद्ध जयंती/বুদ্ধ জয়ন্তী Buddha Jayanti in India, Bangladesh and Nepal
* 花祭 (Hanamatsuri) in Japan,
* 석가 탄신일 Seokka Tanshin-il (Hanja: 釋迦誕身日) in Korean (Korea),
* 佛誕 (Mandarin: Fódàn, Cantonese: Fātdàahn) in Chinese-speaking communities in China, Singapore, Taiwan.
* Phật Đản in Vietnamese (Vietnam),
* ས་ག་ཟླ་བ། Saga Dawa (sa ga zla ba) in Tibetan (Tibet),
* (Kasone la-pyae Boda nei), lit. “Full Moon Day of Kason,” the second month of the traditional Burmese calendar (Burma)
* វិសាខបូជា Visak Bochéa in Khmer (Cambodia),
* ວິຊຂບູຊ Vixakha Bouxa in Laotian (Laos)
* วันวิสาขบูชา Visakah Puja, Vesakha Puja, or Visakha Bucha in Thai (Thailand),
* Waisak in Indonesia,
* වෙසක් පසළොස්වක පෝය Vesak / Wesak in Sri Lanka and Malaysia
Singapore Vesak 2011
The Vesak Day is an extremely important occasion observed in Singapore. Huge crowds will usually assemble at various Buddhist temples around the city. Inside the Buddha temples the monks chant sacred hymns and a large number of devotees set caged-birds free. Setting the imprisoned birds free is considered as a graceful gesture which serves as a mark of respect to all living creatures in the world. On this day, Singapore Buddhist youths organize blood donation camps and distribute gifts to the poor people. During the evenings, candlelit processions are found walking across the streets of Singapore and this is how the festival is ended.
You can observe the Vesak Day festival in Singapore for free as people can enter the temples free of charge. Some of the best points in the city for observing the festivities of Vesak Day in Singapore are the Buddhist Lodge at River Valley Road, The Thai Buddhist Temple at Jalan Bukit Merah and Lian Shan Shuang Lin Temple at Jalan Toa Payoh.
The Singapore Vesak Day is always celebrated in the month of May and is a yearly event. Vesak 2011 is celebrated on 17 May 2011 in Singapore.
Hari Waisak 2011 In Indonesia
Hari Waisak celebrations in Indonesia generally follows the decision of The World Fellowship of Buddhists. Hari Waisak 2011 in Indonesia will be celebrated on Tuesday, 17 May 2011. Traditionally, the celebration is focused nationally on the complex of Borobudur Temple in Central Java.
Rituals of national Waisak (Vesak) celebration in Indonesia usually observe following ceremonies:
1. Taking blessed water from the spring of Jumprit in Temanggung Country and torch ignition with the eternal flame of Mrapen, Grobogan County.
2. “Pindatapa” ritual, a ritual of giving food to the monks by the congregation to remind that the monks had devoted his life without livelihoods.
3. Meditation on the peak of the full moon. Determination of the full moon is based on the calculation of astronomy, so that the peak of the full moon can also occur during the daytime.
Besides the three main ceremonies, other Waisak ceremonies that were also conducted are pradaksina, parades, and art events.
2011 Wesak Day in Malaysia
Wesak Day is the most important festivals of the Buddhists in Malaysia and fall in the month of May. In Malaysia, 2011 Wesak (Vesak) Day will be celebrated on Tuesday, May 17th 2011.
Vesak is celebrated to commemorate the birth, enlightenment and death of Lord Buddha because according to Buddhists, all the three events took place on the same lunar date.
The Wesak day celebrations begins much before the dawn when the Malaysian Buddhist devotees gather in Buddhist temples for worship all over Malaysia. The Buddhists will then hoist the Buddhist flag and sing hymns in praise of the holy triple gem namely; The Buddha, The Dharma (his teachings) and The Sangha (his disciples). The celebration is done with prayers, chants, offerings and giving alms. Simple offerings are also brought to the temple such as flowers while prayers using candles and joss-sticks are used.
The Buddhist eat a vegetarian diet prior to the festival in order to cleanse and purify themselves. Animals such as doves and tortoises are released by the Malaysian Buddhist devotees on the Wesak Day as a symbolic gesture of releasing the soul and giving up the past sins. Besides that, this particular act is also seen as a way of giving freedom for those that are held against their will or being tortured. Free meals are also given to the needy on the Wesak Day.
Wesak 2011 in Sri Lanka
In Sri Lanka the Wesak Festival is celebrated as a religious and a cultural festival in Sri Lanka on the full moon of the month of May, for two days. In Sri Lanka, Wesak 2011 will be celebrated from Tuesday, May 17th 2011 to Wednesday, May 18th 2011.
During these two days, the selling of alcohol and flesh is prohibited by government decree. As a symbolic act of liberation, birds, insects and animals are released in huge numbers.
Celebrations include various religious and alms giving activities. Electrically lit pandols called toranas are erected in various locations in Colombo and elsewhere, most sponsored by donors, religious societies and welfare groups. Each pandol illustrates a story from the 550 Jataka Katha or the 550 Past Life Stories of the Buddha.
In addition, colourful lanterns called Vesak koodu are hung along streets and in front of homes. They signify the light of the Buddha, Dharma and the Sangha. Many devout Buddhists wear simple white dresses on Vesak Day and spend the whole day in temples with renewed determination to observe the observance of the Eight Precepts of Buddhism.
Vesak celebration also means making special efforts to bring happiness to the people in more straightened circumstances. Food stalls set up by Buddhist devotees called dansälas provide free food and drinks to passersby. Groups of people from various community organisations, businesses and government departments sing bhakti gee or Buddhist devotional songs. Colombo experiences a massive influx of public from all parts of the country during this week.
2011 Buddha Purnima in India
In India, Vesak Day is known as Buddha Purnima. On this day, Buddhists do not eat meat. This is considered an act of compassion towards animals. People are encouraged to perform other acts of kindness such as sharing food with the poor. Some people even set up road stalls providing free, clean drinking water. Buddha Purnima 2011 will be celebrated on Tuesday, 17 May 2011 in India.
Birth of Buddha or Tathagata is celebrated in India, especially in Sikkim, Ladakh , Arunachal Pradesh, Bodh Gaya and Maharashtra (where 6% of total population are Buddhists) and other parts of India as per Indian calendar. Buddhist People go to common Viharas to observe a rather longer-than-usual, full-length Buddhist sutra, as something like a service. The usual dress is pure white. Non-vegetarian food is normally avoided. Kheer, a sweet rice porridge is commonly served to recall the story of Sujata, a maiden who, in Gautama Buddha’s life, offered the Buddha a bowl of milk porridge.
The Buddhists bathe and dress only in white clothes. They gather in their viharas (monasteries) before sunrise to worship Buddha, offer alms to the bhikshus (monks), hoist the Buddhist flag, and sing hymns admiring the sacred triple treasure: The Buddha, The Dharma (his teachings), and The Sangha (his disciples).
Many devotees offer flowers, candles, and joss sticks at the feet of the monks. Such a ritual allows a Buddhist to reflect on the truth that just as the magnificent flowers shrink and the candles and joss sticks burn out in short time, our life span is too short and will decay soon.
Several followers listen to the continuous speech on the life and preaching of the Buddha throughout the day or request monks to come to their homes. Buddhist monks recite 2500 years old verses obtained from Buddha and urge people to respect other religions.
2011 Hanamatsuri in Japan
In Japan, Vesākha or hanamatsuri (花祭) is also known as: Kanbutsu-e (灌仏会), Goutan-e (降誕会), Busshou-e (仏生会), Yokubutsu-e (浴仏会), Ryuge-e (龍華会), Hana-eshiki (花会式). It is not a public holiday. It is based on a legend that a dragon appeared in the sky on his birthday and poured soma over him.
It used to be celebrated on the 8th day of the fourth month in the Chinese Lunar Calendar, based on one of the legends that proclaims the day as Buddha’s birthday. At present, the celebration is observed on April 8 of the Solar Calendar since the Meiji government adopted the western solar calendar as the official calendar. Since the 8th day of the fourth month in the lunar calendar commonly falls in May of the current solar calendar, it is now celebrated about a month earlier. Thus in Japan, 2011 Vesak Day will be celebrated on Friday, 8th April 2011.
In Japan, the general populace are not practicing Buddhists (and may be called casual Buddhists), so most Buddhist temples provide a way to allow the general public to celebrate and participate in only the aspect of the day being Buddha’s birthday, providing the statue of baby Buddha and allowing the populace to worship or pay respect by pouring ama cha, a tea made of Hydrangea. In Buddhist temples, monasteries and nunneries, more involved ceremonies are conducted for practicing Buddhists, priests, monks and nuns. Also, there are public festivals made out of the day in some areas.
2011 Visakha Bucha in Thailand
In Thailand, where majority of the population are buddhists, ach year, the nationwide festival of Vesak Day is held to pay tribute to the birth, enlightenment and death of Buddha. The Vesak Day will fall on Tuesday, May 17th 2011, however celebrations can be seen for more than a week.
In Thailand, people will congregate around the Buddhist temples to pray and give thanks to the deity on the Vesak Day. Monks dressed in their saffron robes will lead sermons and services throughout the day, with candlelit processions often taking place once night has fallen.
2011 Buddha Poornima in Nepal
The birth of the Buddha is often celebrated by Buddhists in Nepal for an entire month in the Buddhist calendar. The actual day is called Buddha Poornima (or Buddha Purnima), also traditionally known as Vaishakh Poornima. In 2011, the Buddha Poornima will fall on Tuesday, 17 May 2011.
The event is celebrated by gentle and serene fervour, keeping in mind the very nature of Buddhism. People, especially women, go to common Viharas to observe a rather longer-than-usual, full-length Buddhist sutra, as something like a service. The usual dress is pure white. Non-vegetarian food is normally avoided. Kheer, a sweet rice porridge is commonly served to recall the story of Sujata, a maiden who, in Gautama Buddha’s life, offered the Buddha a bowl of milk porridge after he had given up the path of asceticism following six years of extreme austerity. This event was one major link in his enlightenment.
It is said that the Buddha originally followed the way of asceticism to attain enlightenment sooner, as was thought by many at that time. He sat for a prolonged time with inadequate food and water, which caused his body to shrivel so as to be indistinguishable from the bark of the tree that he was sitting under. Seeing the weak Siddhartha Gautama, a girl named Sujata placed a bowl of milk in front of him as an offering. Realizing that without food one can do nothing, the Buddha refrained from harming his own body.
2011 Buddha Birthday in China, Hongkong and Taiwan
In the Chinese speaking countries of Hongkong, China, as well as Taiwan, the Vesak Day called Guanfo (bathing the Buddha) or Yufo (Buddha’s birthday celebration featuring washing Buddha image with perfumed water). The celebrations begin before sunrise and devotees throng the temples early at dawn to meditate. Chanshi (the ceremony of chanting the sutras and confession and prayer) is practiced by monks.
As the day progresses, Buddhist devotees visit orphanages, welfare homes, homes for the aged and charitable institutions to distribute cash donations and gifts to the needy. On this occasion, caged birds are freed to symbolize humanity and compassion.
The celebration is also marked with the devotees performing the “bathing Buddha” ritual where they held a wooden ladle and poured water over a small statue of the Buddha. Bathing a statue of the Buddha symbolizes a fresh start in life and the care given to newborn babies.
Legend has it that when the historical Buddha, Prince Siddhartha, was born, there were auspicious signs heralding his birth. They describe the sky as blue and clear on his birth, with dragons spurting purified water to bathe him. Since then, Buddhists have celebrated his birthday by using fragrant water to bathe the image of Buddha.
In these East Asia countries, Buddha’s birthday is celebrated in on the eighth day of the fourth month in the Chinese lunar calendar. Thus in 2011, the Buddha birthday falls on Tuesday, 10th May 2011.
2011 Buddha Birthday in South Korea
In Korea the birthday of Buddha is celebrated according to the Lunisolar calendar. This day is called 석가탄신일 (Seokga tansinil), meaning “the day of Buddha’s birthday” or 부처님 오신 날 (Bucheonim osin nal) meaning “the day when Buddha arrived”. Lotus lanterns cover the entire temple throughout the month which are often flooded down the street. On the day of Buddha’s birth, many temples provide free meals and tea to all visitors. The breakfast and lunch provided are often sanchae bibimbap.
In 2011, South Korea will celebrate the Buddha Birthday on Tuesday, 10th May 2011.
Happy Wesak 2011 ! Happy Vesak 2011 !