Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Why Chinese needs to learn Chinese?

 In this world, We see British people learn their mother tongue naturally, Malay learn their mother language when they born. But some Chinese never learn Chinese from young, instead they learn other language, I wondering why? Today I happen to come across the article Why do I learn Chinese? I hope this article can wake up those banana Chinese.
Topic: Why do I learn Chinese?
English Original by Kong Que-yu, Chinese Translation by Feng Xin-ming
Thesis: I learn Chinese to be Chinese.
A. Introduction
1. Hook: I have the body of a Chinese, but do I have the soul of
one?
a. The body comes with birth, but the soul only comes
with cultivating
2. Only if one has the soul could one be a true Chinese.
3. Learning Chinese helps cultivate a Chinese soul.
4. Thesis: I learn Chinese to become Chinese.
B. Learning to read Chinese brings me in contact with the past.
1. It will help me learn the history of China.
2. It will help me learn the true thought and philosophy of China.
3. I will know the ancient mind of China.
4. China’s past is like the roots of the great tree that is the Chinese
soul, supplying the nutrients
C. Learning to speak Chinese brings me in contact with the present
1. It will help me speak with fellow Chinese.
2. It will help me keep up with modern China.
3. I will know the beating, living heart of China.
4. China’s present is like the trunk of the great tree, bare and
unattractive, but will transport to the right place
D. Learning to write Chinese brings me in contact with the future.
1. It will let me write and speak to the many descendants of
China’s future.
2. It will let me pass on my true Chinese heritage.
3. I will be part of the future spirit of China.
4. China’s future is like the branches and leaves of the great tree,
magnificent and prosperous

No comments: